08 March 2013

SACRED MUSICS OF THE WORLD


  • This blogging lark is a push-over, I tell you.
  • I have many cool and learnèd followers whom I couldn't possibly keep up with or bluff if I didn't have jovial Jimmy Potts and his CorfuBlues treasure store to pilfer and pass off as le mien.
  • But it takes élan - just knowing when and how to use that word takes élan.
  •  I mean, this hootenany of Sacred Music of the World (de-pluralise it so it doesnt sound so ... Pottsian). 
  • Slide on into the topic, "Going thru some old pics of that gap year in Morocco - me in a Fez, Dalida in almost nothing but a tasseled D-cup makeshift fez-bra ... I suddenly remembered there's some action going down around the June 2013 Fes Festival. 
  • Might grab the old oud  عود‎ ʿūd (owd oud? LOL) and head on down there, meet up with some the boys whoever's still standing.






2 comments :

Jim said...

Grab your 'ud and hitch-hike on down- may even try it myself. Do you think any driver or car would stop to give me a lift?

Jim said...

Grab your 'ud or gunbri and hitch-hike on down- may even try it myself. Do you think any driver or car would stop to give me a lift? See old photo added to my posting