27 July 2012

ROMNEY PETITION RESPONSE

Dear Friends,

As a Clean Elections legislator, the only people I am beholden to are my constituents.

Being publicly financed means I don’t have to worry about which big donor wrote me a check or who is going to write me a check for my next election - I can focus on the issues that matter most to my constituents. That’s not the case throughout most of the country.It’s time to remove the sponsorship logos from our politicians and return to a government of, by and for the people.

Disclosure is the first step.

Every $5 qualifying contribution I collect to earn public financing - and all my campaign expenses - are fully disclosed. Why shouldn’t Mitt Romney disclose which LIBOR executives he is getting money from in London and how much each donation is?

In just 48 hours, our petition has already eclipsed 10,000 people and been featured on Politico's Morning Score. Let’s take this viral - and help build a movement to reclaim our democracy from the 1% who are buying our elections.

Tweet
Sign the Petition: @MittRomney #Disclose your #LIBOR donors! http://tinyurl.com/RomneyDisclose@SignOn @MissWrite

Share on Facebook
Sign the Petition: http://tinyurl.com/RomneyDisclose

Cheers,
~State Rep. Diane Russell
Portland, Maine

No comments :